Our company has played a pivotal role in changing the dynamics of farming in our nationby building the world's first solar irrigation cooperative at a small village - Dhundi in Gujarat. Working at grass root level, enabled us in gaining the trust of farmers thereby directly garnering the support of NGO’s, the local power distribution company & the government.
Advantages of Grid connected solar irrigation pump at a glance :
- Irrigation in remote areas
- the use of underwater aquifers
- Less carbon footprints as no fuel is required
- Grid connection means, excess power goes back & in return generates revenue.
- Cost effective as no electricity bills
- Durable, minimal maintenance.
This case study served as a lighthouse demonstration project and is now being scaled up all across the state as well as across the country through a national policy on grid connected solar pumps.